- 2 fillets fresh or thawed pollock
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light cooking oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 dash cayenne ((optional))
- 2 small new potatoes (cooked)
- 1/2 cup white or garbanzo beans (cooked)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, put one tablespoon oil and 1 small pat butter. Add onion and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
Add spinach and garlic (and beans if using) and saute, covered for a few more minutes, until the spinach is lightly wilted.
Move spinach mixture over to one side of the pan, add a little more oil and a little butter, then add the fish and half of the lemon juice. Cook covered for about 4 minutes.
Turn fish over and add the remaining lemon juice and cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Slice potatoes, plate and enjoy!