- 20-30 small Brussels sprouts
- 1 small Granny Smith apple (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion or shallots (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (pure, (not pancake syrup))
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or olive)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Warm a dry pan over medium heat. Toast almonds for a few minutes, moving constantly. When they begin to turn golden, remove from pan onto a plate to cool.
- Add oil to pan and heat onion and Brussels sprouts with a little salt and pepper on medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Cover after about 5 minutes, adding a little water if too dry. When near-tender, add apple, Dijon mustard and maple. Add a little water if too dry again. Stir to coat.
- Top with toasted almonds and serve as a side with chicken and a small salad…or eat the whole bowl yourself! Yum!
Balance Health Center is dedicated to keeping our members Active for a Lifetime™. Classes designed for all ages and abilities. All fitness activities are reviewed for results by our award-winning Physical Therapy team.